Winter Vegetable Quiche
– 850g grated vegetables (500g squash/200g carrots/150g potatoes)
– olive oil
– 3 small yellow onions
– 2 cloves of garlic
– salt & black pepper
– 200 ml Ecomil Cuisine Béchamel
– 1 tbsp cumin
– 1 tbsp paprika
– 1 tablespoon of mustard
– 1 shortcrust pastry (2 if you want to make the decorations on top)
– pumpkin seeds
– malted yeast
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll out the shortcrust pastry in a pie dish and prick it with a fork and put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, we fry our chopped onions and garlic cloves pressed in a tablespoon of olive oil. Once the onions are translucent, add the grated vegetables, cumin, paprika, mustard, salt and pepper. Sauté for a few minutes, stirring so that it doesn’t burn.
- Then add the Ecomil Cuisine Béchamel. Adjust the salt and pepper to your taste.
- Pour the mixture over the dough. Add squash seeds on top, sprinkled malted yeast and decorations with the remaining pasta if desired. Bake for 30 minutes at 180°c.
- To be enjoyed hot with a green salad, raw vegetables and diced smoked tolu for example.
Thanks to Candice for her recipe.
Find out more on her instagram @candicechavand