Vegan Veal Blanquette Stew with Seitan
- 200g seitan, cut into big dices
- 200ml Ecomil Cuisine Cashew
- ½ tsp cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp cashew nut purée
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml white wine
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 laurel branch
- Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish over medium heat, fry the onion until they are golden brown. Then, add the carrots and cook for 10 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add the seitan and the button mushrooms into the casserole dish.
- Pour the white wine, the Ecomil Cuisine Cashew cream, the laurel branch. Cook over low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the laurel branch. Grab a cooking juice ladle, at the cashew nut purée and mix it by beating. Then, put the mixture into the casserole dish and stir everything together well.
- Add salt and pepper. Then, the cashew nut as topping before serving.
Thank you Bénédicte @faismoicroquer for this delicious recipe!