https://ecomil.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/soupe-calabaza.jpg 1280 853 Ecomil https://ecomil.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/logo-ecomil.png Ecomil2018-02-21 09:58:362018-02-21 09:58:36Vegan Pumpkin Soup
Vegan Pumpkin Soup
Hannah @twospoons.ca made a delicious and original pumpkin soup, using the Ecomil coconut cream. Perfect to face the freezing winter! 100% vegan, healthy and tasty!
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 50 mins
- 2 white onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 (500g) potatoes
- 1 (800g) kabocha pumpkin
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- 5 cups vegetable stock, more if needed
- 1/2 tsp curry powder, more if desired
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, more if desired
- 1/4 tsp paprika, more if desired
- 1/4 cup EcoMil coconut cream
- Purple kale, freshly chopped
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- Dice onions and garlic, and add to a large pot with coconut oil. Bring pot to medium-low heat, and cook veg stirring occasionally for approx. 10 minutes, or until onion turns translucent.
- Cut pumpkin in half and discard the seeds. Chop pumpkin and potatoes into roughly chopped pieces and add to the pot (no need to remove the skins). Add a pinch of salt. Cover pot with lid and let the vegetables sweat, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add vegetable stock to the pot and bring the soup to a simmer. Add curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, sea salt and pepper and simmer soup on low heat for 20 minutes, or until veg is very soft.
- Puree soup using a hand mixer, or a blender, until completely smooth.
- Stir in Ecomil coconut cream, and add more spices, salt and pepper if desired.
- Transfer soup to bowls, top with Spicy Roasted Chickpeas and chopped kale.
*Note: Don’t throw away those pumpkin seeds! Make Roasted Turmeric Pumpkin Seeds instead!
Thank you Hannah @twospoons.ca for another great recipe!
More recipes in her blog : https://www.twospoons.ca/