https://ecomil.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Pumpkin-Banana-Nut-Bread-FINAL.jpg 735 700 Ecomil https://ecomil.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/logo-ecomil.png Ecomil2016-08-05 00:00:002017-08-08 15:14:30Vegan Banana and Walnut Bread
Vegan Banana and Walnut Bread
A healthy and vegan recipe for afternoon tea with bananas, walnuts, whole grain spelt flour and organic Ecomil unsweetened almond milk!
- 260g stone ground whole grain spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure baking soda
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- a tiny pinch of himalayan salt
- 5 bananas (500ml mashed)
- 50ml organic unsweetened Ecomil almond milk
- 6 tablespoons organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons organic gluten free brown rice syrup
- 120g chopped organic raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and lightly flour a medium size loaf pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mash the bananas really well and in a large bowl, whisk them with almond milk, oil and rice syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix lightly to combine. Finally fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack before cutting into slices. Serve fresh or toasted.