Red Lentil and Vegetable Coconut Dhal
This Red Lentil and Vegetable Coconut Dhal is Warming, filling and satisfying. This is full of nourishment and feel good ingredients. Plus Vegan and gluten free too!
This recipe has been created by Hayley from the blog: Nourish Your Glow
Full of vegan protein and fibre from the lentils and loaded with the vegetables, this healthy recipe is hearty and comforting and will keep you going all day.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp turmeric
2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
1 red onion, diced
250g red lentils
I carton of Ecomil coconut paste
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tbsp of chopped fresh ginger
Vegetables of Choice Hayley used:
1 Red pepper
1/2 cup Baby corn
1/2 cup Snow Peas
1/2 cup Chopped Carrot
1. Heat the oil in a pan add the onion and garlic and cook for 3- 4 minutes before adding in the rest of the vegetables, turmeric, ginger and cumin. Cook for four minutes.
2. Pour in lentils, coconut paste and 100ml water and stir.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring to boil and simmer for around 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Before serving stir in the coriander
6. Enjoy !
She is also on Twitter!