Kale & Roasted tomatoes Quiche
The Queen of Greens, Kale & Roasted tomatoes Quiche. A delicious recipe for a family dinner
This recipe has been created by Elisa from happyskinkitchen.com
For the crust :
3/4 cup ground almond
1 cups of oats
3 tablespoons of soften (not liquid) coconut oil
1 tablespoon of dried herbs ( I have used herbs de provence mix)
1 tablespoon cold water
1 tablespoon of tahini or almond butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
1 block of firm tofu drained
1 pack of Ecomil almond cream
1 cup of washed and chopped kale
1 cup of baby spinach
About 250 gr of cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
3 clove of garlic
1 handful of chopped fresh parsley
1 handful of chopped fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste
A handful of pumpkin and sunflower seeds
Chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius (not higher) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Chopped the cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Place them on the baking tray roast for about 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven and leave them on one side to cool.
2. Turn the oven up to 180 degrees Celsius.
3. While the tomatoes are roasting, heat a pan over a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chopped onion and fry gently for about 7-10 minutes until soft and starting to go brown. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and leave it on one side.
4. Place the oats into a food processor and blitz until they become a flour. Transfer it into a bowl and add the ground almond, herbs, salt, and pepper. Add in the coconut oil, tahini and cold water and mix with your hands until the mixture starts to hold together. Grease a cake tin with some oil. With your fingers press down the dough starting at the center and work your way out, pushing the dough up the sides of the dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes until just starting to brown. Leave it on one side to cool.
5. Place the tofu, almond cream, fresh herbs, salt, pepper, into your food processor and process until fully smooth. Add the cooked onion and garlic, kale and spinach and pulse for few more seconds. Move the mixture into a bowl and gently stir in the roasted tomatoes. Sprinkle the quiche with pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Keep some of the tomatoes for decoration if desired.
6. Pour the mixture over the crust and smooth out with a spatula.
7. Bake in the oven for around 30-35 minutes. The top will look a bit cracked and the crust will be golden brown.
8. Let cool it completely for at least 30 minutes. Decorate with the roasted tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.