Cannelloni with vegetables and almond béchamel
Cannelloni with vegetables and almond béchamel, a recipe from our Spanish blogueurs friends Delantal Alces!
Ingredients (for 20 cannelloni)
500 g of potiron
300 g mushrooms
300 g of spinach
80 g dried tomatoes in olive oil
700 ml Ecomil almond cooking cream
30 g of wheat flour
20 g of almond flour
50 g of crushed almonds
1. First prepare the cannelloni stuffing : Cut the potiron into pieces more or less equal and bring to boil. When the potiron is tender, drain and set aside. Cut the onion and the tomatoes and slice the mushrooms.
2. In a hot pan, add a little bit of oil and saute onion and mushrooms over low heat for about 15 minutes, until the onions and mushrooms obtain a golden brown color. Add fresh spinach, stir and cook for about 5 minutes. Finally, add the potiron, the dried tomatoes, and season. Stir and turn off heat.
3. While the vegetable stuffing cools, cook the cannelloni according to package directions. When the pasta is cooked, stuff the cannelloni.
4. To prepare the bechamel, fry wheat flour and almond flour with a tablespoon of olive oil. When the flour is grilled, slowly add the hot almond cream to easily dissolve lumps. Cook the béchamel for about 15 minutes and add salt and nutmeg.
5. Pour some sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Place the cannelloni in the dish and cover with the remaining béchamel. Finally, sprinkle some crushed almonds. Turn the oven on and roast almonds. Serve hot!
Thank Lluís and Cris, our very talented Spanish bloggers for this delicious recipe! You can find other recipes 100% vegan on their website http://delantaldealces.com/